Meghan emailed me this photo today which she calls "Little Convict." Well, he is trapped here with Grandpa and me on a regular basis. . .but we don't like to think of it as jail, exactly! :-)
Today was to have been the first meeting of the second part of my women's ski clinic at Pebble Creek. However, I bailed out for two primary reasons. First, we were without power from approximately 2:30 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. today. Good thing it was warm (relatively speaking) . . . kids reported 31 degrees on their onboard when coming up our drive. However, it did mean that the house got a bit cool before the Smiley-Guy a.k.a., "Little Convict" arrived. Fortunately we could just turn the switch on the propane fireplace to take the chill off. And, with a propane cook stove we could still heat Miles' bottle.
Glenn did use the opportunity, though, to check out the system for our generator at this house and make sure everything worked fine, which it did. So, we had heat, running water and the television or the kitchen appliances. No worries.
Reason number two, though, for bailing on the lesson. . . and the gal I spoke with at Pebble suggested I wasn't the only one. . . it was so foggy today and snowing that, not only could I not see the ski resort from our window. . .I couldn't even see the neighbor's house! I really did want to go to the lesson, but was afraid I might drive off Bonneville Road and into a field trying to get there! So, I'm still on for next week . . . weather permitting!
We did get out skiing again last Friday with a day-trip to my favorite little resort, Pomerelle which is located southeast of Twin Falls, ID and is a 110-mile one-way drive for us. Pomerelle's runs are long (by MI standards) and offer wide variety. Although colder than we'd expected it would be, the snow conditions were near-perfect.
Saturday, Meg and I did a little shopping together while Josh worked on their car and Miles' entertained Grandpa at our house.
Sunday, off again ice fishing. We knew it would be slow (via the fishing calendar) . . . nonetheless we did bring home another nice batch of rainbows -- six in all. Of particular note, Glenn caught a small Large-Mouth Bass (we didn't keep it) and I had a really nice rainbow, probably one of the biggest I've seen, 2/3's of the way out of my hole when it snapped my line and swam off. AARGH!!
Anyway, our total 'take home' on the ice fishing is 38 rainbow trout in four fishing trips at Devils Creek Reservoir. We've now had them stuffed w/rice and baked; filleted, breaded and deep-fried and last night breaded in the whole (sans heads) and pan fried. I'm really enjoying eating these tasty fish once again!
The kids were both off for Presidents' Day, so Glenn and I spent a good bit of time doing things around the house . . . particularly hanging a large wall mirror in the foyer. Took a lot of thinkin' and calculatin' but we got it done! Routine housework, a walk up the hill, our weightlifting regimen. . . and it was time to make dinner followed by one of our favorite t.v. shows "House." A little light reading and then, another weekend come and gone.
We find it really hard to believe that March 4 will mark the 9th month we've been in Idaho, having arrived here on June 4. Our lives have been filled to the brim . . .but even now that we're pretty much settled into our house and new lives and routines, time is sailing by.
We can only wonder, how much winter is left and when will spring arrive?
No comments:
Post a Comment