I'd like to say spring has not only arrived officially, but in spirit as well. Not quite yet. We woke Saturday morning to about 1.5" of snow on the ground and a temperature of 18 degrees, with winds from the north/northeast. No outdoor Easter egg hunt for the Miles-Guy in Inkom park!
That's o.k., though. Miles and I (with Bop-Bop's assistance) colored a dozen eggs on Thursday afternoon. We've completed enough 'projects' at the kitchen island, he now gets excited when I put on his 'art smock' and put him in his chair. Miles put all of the color tablets in the cups and helped me add the vinegar. When the colors started fizzing and turning bright, he practically hyperventilated!
After coloring the eggs, Miles also helped arrange them in the basket. At 19 months he knows his colors -- can identify objects as either blue, red, green, yellow, purple, pink, orange or black. Still working a bit on brown.
Sunday afternoon the Jurgen family meandered up the hill for Easter dinner. We actually semi-recreated Thanksgiving, as I wanted to use an 18-pound turkey stored in friend Dixie's freezer. Miles arrived wearing one of his Christmas presents from us; a mini-MICHIGAN outfit. Miles also can identify the letter "M" -- which may portend as a good sign that he, too, will be a Wolverine if not in fact, in spirit. He certainly will be if Bop-Bop has his way!
Surprisingly, the Easter bunny also left some goodies for Miles at our house and in the lower photo I'm helping him open it. Included was a copy of the book M is for Mitten: A Michigan Alphabet. Inside, I'd pasted a sticker with this message:
M is for mitten, Michigan and Miles;
Thank you for sharing all of your smiles.
A family is more than just your name,
It's who you are and from where you came!
M -- Go Blue!
We enjoyed the afternoon, complete with sunshine, but not yet warm enough to make us believe spring is here in spirit.



No comments:
Post a Comment