Wednesday, August 5, 2009

ACTION AGAIN!

Just a brief entry this a.m. as I prepare to move on to another task. . . a pretty big one, actually. Yesterday I finally got out all of my accumulated photos and supplies and began the job of updating our photo albums. My last foray into the world of organizing our pictures was in February 2007! My stockpile of un-captioned, unorganized pictures was getting out of hand. Fortunately, the house construction pictures and all those of Miles I've organized into albums of their own. Some focused work yesterday and I've caught up to June . . . 2008!
Construction chaos blooms again on our hill. After an unusually long, wet spring and then the flood of July 4th, work on our final grading and excavation began last week. Our builder (who is really a good guy) reappeared last week as well and is determined to get the "Davis House" crossed off his to-do list.
Yesterday, the "Excavator Guy" came back to compact the areas where cement will be poured for our front steps and A/C unit, the "Insulation Guys" showed up to repair some settling of the blown-in insulation in the attic and "Electrician Rod" arrived to replace a faulty ground outlet in the kitchen. During supper last night, we heard tires in the driveway and I told Miles to "Look! It's momma and daddy!" only to disappoint him when it turned out to be (unexpectedly) "Gutter Guy" back to finish up the front rain gutter. . . which couldn't be completed until the final grading work was done! To top all that off, Glenn took our camper into Pocatello yesterday for new tires!
In theory, "Gravel Guys" will be back today and possible "Cement Truck" (which will fascinate Miles for a time). I'll be out for a bit today as I am having my bone density test and mammogram this morning.
We're also waiting for a reappearance of "Tile Guy (Doug)" as the grout in the master bathroom shower stall is coming out on the floor. In talking with Ed (our builder) Doug mentioned he "...thought that might happen, but was hoping it wouldn't..." Mmmm. . . .?
Anyway, we're hoping that by the time we hit the road on August 16 for a week in Yellowstone (Joshua's mom will be visiting and having the grand opportunity of babysitting Miles), that the house will be finished (really).
At any rate, I'm hoping to at least be finished updating the photo albums by then!

No comments: